Greetings all!
Sorry for the tardiness of this first post, but I was having sign-in issues.  At any rate, I arrived in New York City for my study trip on Tuesday, June 11.  After settling in at my hotel in Chelsea, I walked to Washington Square Park at the center of Greenwich Village, also the location of New York University, where my conference would be located.  After walking there and back, I quickly determined I would be riding the subway from here on out...I need the exercise but not that much!!


You see some shots of the park above, including the famous Washington Arch with a quote from our first president at the top.  The musicians you see were playing jazz for tips, "busking" is the term sometimes used, and though I wasn't able to ask them, I assume they were music students from the University. 

Greenwich Village actually has history dating back to the 1600s but is known for being a mecca for the various bohemian groups, especially of the 19th and 20th centuries, including the Beats in the 1940s and 1950s. 

Comments